Please make yourself familiar with the detailed processes and requirements below and regularly check this site or our Facebook Page as circumstances can change very quickly.
KEY THINGS TO NOTE
> Upon entry to the Library, you must check in using the QR or sign-in system and provide proof of vaccination or exemption to staff
> Bookings are required for the BRAC Reading Room
> All items must be ordered through the old PROV catalogue
> Due to staff circumstances, it would be appreciated if patrons continue to wear properly fitted masks while in the Reading Room
> Cancel your booking if you feel unwell, even if at late notice
The following sessions are available for research:
Wednesday 10:00AM to 12:30PM
Wednesday 1:30PM to 4:00PM
Thursday 10:00AM to 12:30PM
Thursday 1:30PM to 4:00PM
Patrons are still required to book ahead for access to any given session - this is best done via email, outlining your full name, preferred session/s, and if you need access to a power point. While we do our best to accommodate all patrons, if we have reached capacity you may not be able to access the Reading Room for several hours, if at all.
Please be aware that any bookings made after 4PM Thursday will not be seen until the following Wednesday morning.
Items in the Bendigo repositories are now available through the new PROV catalogue. If you have an account, you will need to request a new password and verify your email address. If you don't have an account, directions are here.
* A step-by-step guide to ordering through the PROV catalogue can be found HERE
* Uncatalogued records cannot currently be ordered and accessed
* While you can order up to 24 items, only eight records can be initially supplied for your session; if you have ordered more than eight records, there may be a delay while your initial records are returned and further records retrieved.
* Any records that are held at the off-site Nolan Street repository must be ordered within 48 hours of your planned visit (to see where record sets are stored, view our catalogue table - any items labelled 'Nolan' are off-site).
READING ROOM ATTENDANCE
Please DO NOT attend a session if you feel unwell in any way - we do not mind last-minute cancellations for this reason.
* Due to personal circumstances, staff would appreciate patrons continuing to wear properly fitted masks while in the Reading Room, and visitors should sanitise their hands regularly
* The general conditions of entry still apply for Reading Room visits - please review these HERE.
* Access to the Reading Room will be via the door at the FAR end of the room only, follow the signage if you are unsure.
* You will also need to sign into the Reading Room upon arrival. This is a separate non-COVID related record and is for a separate administrative purpose, please be patient with this process.
* Patrons must bring their own equipment - pencils, erasers, magnifiers etc
* The library's Local History collection items can be accessed if required however patrons must not use the step ladder (ask staff for assistance) and items must not be reshelved - please place on the table provided.
* Only limited research assistance can be provided by staff - we have many Guides to help with a range of research on our website.
* We ask patrons to be mindful of staff and other patrons within the Reading Room and practice strict social distancing and good hygiene.
* The public toilets upstairs are open and regularly cleaned.
We thank researchers and patrons for their patience at what is an uncertain time with unfamiliar processes. Please continue to check your inbox, and our website and Facebook Page for interim updates - our situation and advice may change at short notice.