Please make yourself familiar with the detailed processes and requirements below and regularly check this site or our Facebook Page as circumstances can change very quickly.
KEY THINGS TO NOTE
> Bookings are no longer required for the BRAC Reading Room but are appreciated
> All items must be ordered through the PROV catalogue
> While it is no longer mandatory, due to staff circumstances, it would be appreciated if patrons continue to wear properly fitted masks while in the Reading Room
> Cancel your booking if you feel unwell, even if at late notice
The following sessions are available for research:
Wednesday 10:00AM to 12:30PM
Wednesday 1:30PM to 4:00PM
Thursday 10:00AM to 12:30PM
Thursday 1:30PM to 4:00PM
Patrons are not required to book ahead for access to any given session though they are still appreciated to ensure best access given Reading Room seating is limited. This is best done via email, outlining your full name, preferred session/s, and if you need access to a power point.
Please be aware that any bookings made after 4PM Thursday will not be seen until the following Wednesday morning.
Items in the Bendigo repositories are now available through the new PROV catalogue. If you have an account, you will need to request a new password and verify your email address. If you don't have an account, directions are here.
* A step-by-step guide to ordering through the PROV catalogue can be found HERE
* Uncatalogued records cannot currently be ordered and accessed
* While you can order up to 24 items, only eight records can be initially supplied for your session; if you have ordered more than eight records, there may be a delay while your initial records are returned and further records retrieved.
* Any records that are held at the off-site Nolan Street repository must be ordered within 48 hours of your planned visit (to see where record sets are stored, view our catalogue table - any items labelled 'Nolan' are off-site).
READING ROOM ATTENDANCE
Please DO NOT attend if you feel unwell in any way - we do not mind last-minute cancellations for this reason.
* Due to personal circumstances, staff would appreciate patrons continuing to wear properly fitted masks while in the Reading Room, and visitors should sanitise their hands regularly
* Patrons who do not wish to mask are still welcome in the Reading Room, however staff will be unable to provide one-on-one research or record support beyond issuing the records to you which have been ordered through the catalogue. we have many Guides to help with a range of research on our website.
* The general conditions of entry still apply for Reading Room visits - please review these HERE.
* Access to the Reading Room will be via the door at the FAR end of the room only, follow the signage if you are unsure.
* You will also need to sign into the Reading Room upon arrival. This is a separate non-COVID related record and is for administrative purposes under the Public Record Act, please be patient with this process.
* Patrons must bring their own equipment - pencils, erasers, magnifiers etc.
* The library's Local History collection items can be accessed if required however patrons must not use the step ladder (ask staff for assistance) and items must not be reshelved - please place on the table provided.
* We ask patrons to be mindful of staff and other patrons within the Reading Room and practice social distancing and good hygiene.
* The public toilets upstairs are open and regularly cleaned.
We thank researchers and patrons for their patience at what is a challenging time. Please continue to check your inbox, and our website and Facebook Page for interim updates - our situation and advice may change at short notice.